Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Glass Bead Necklaces



I'm fairly inpatient and I like hobbies where you can achieve something in a relatively short period of time. I started playing with beads about 5 or so years ago when my sister and I made beaded hair pins, which we called "hair dinkies". As with most of my hobbies, I got bored and lost interest pretty quickly; however, as beading has become more popular in recent years, the selection at the craft store has expanded to include a large variety of very cool beads. I picked up the hobby again a couple years ago, and since, I have made tons of bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. Here is a necklace that I recently made as a birthday gift. Unfortunately, not everyone appreciates the the effort it takes to produce a nice looking piece of jewelry, though. :)

No comments: